The newest DDO update “The Realm of Elemental Evil” will go live on Monday April 6. Cordovan (Turbine Community Manager Jerry Snook) has confirmed the date, although the specifics of game downtime are not yet set.
Like everything written to the DDO forums, this has raised controversy, as there are some who have been playing the preview version on Lamannia and do not feel that the update is ready for release.
DDO Producer Severlin responds to these fears:
- There will be adjustments to the Rogue enhancement pass, if needed, in a patch in a couple of weeks
- There was an error in the Lamannia release notes that encouraged some incorrect player assumptions
- We don’t want to make too many adjustments to the rogue enhancements too fast
- Rogues seem to be well-balanced in Turbine’s internal testing. If not, there’s that patch in two weeks
- A variety of bugs and comments are addressed here including yet one more pledge to put out a rogue enhancements patch quickly if one is needed
Smaller fixes are included in this update as well. For instance, arrows that appear as loot will now be in stacks of 100 rather than stacks of 20. And Thieves Tools will stack up to 1000 instead of stacking up to 50.
All well and good, but not what excites me. The thing I anticipate in DDO Updates is new content, and Update 25 should deliver on that in a big way.
I cannot wait for the update because it will contain the Temple of Elemental Evil. I’ve avoided reading anything about it at all, so I have no idea what the Lamannia testers think. No spoilers! Not even by accident!
Nor do I care all that much, in this case, about the Lamannian opinions. New content is new content and I am so going to be there the very moment that I am first able.
New content! Another classic D&D module brought to life!
Come on Monday hurry up and get here!
🙂 😀 🙂