Tolero in the latest DDO Community Update video
Tolero, who is also known as Amanda Grow and is the Senior Community Specialist for Turbine and DDO, is participating in a charity event to benefit the Childrens Miracle Network. It is some kind of gaming play-a-thon, 24 hours of playing, I am a little fuzzy on the details.
In support of her goals, she has been offering various bribes to encourage everyone to sponsor her. There is still time to participate yourself if you are so inclined. We’ll pretend it is because you are just that altruistic, no reason to even mention that it gives you a shot at a lifetime VIP DDO membership. That’ll be our little secret.
The other, lesser swag bribes are still pretty persuasive. Here’s a copy/paste from her blog page on myDDO:
- GOAL MET $50 total donations – I will over-dress for work in a cocktail gown
- GOAL MET $100 total donations – I will join a Google+ Hangout with DDOCast to play a game of D&D for your amusement!
- GOAL MET $200 total donations – I will cosplay as a Drow on a day that isn’t halloween
- GOAL MET $300 total donations – I will do a community update video dressed as a D&D monster
Tolero pays off one reward by doing the latest Community Update as an Owlbear
- GOAL MET $50 total donations – Instead of playing my own character and doing whatever I want during my DDO stretch of the marathon, I will roll a brand new vet 2 character, and donors can decide how I must gimp it!
- GOAL MET $100 total donations – I will spend my DDO playtime with my new gimp character doing permadeath
- GOAL MET $200 total donations – I will spend my permadeath DDO playtime with my new gimp character exclusively in pugs!
- GOAL MET $300 total donations – I will tell everyone what character(s) I’m playing/which server(s) on the 20th and you can come pug with me and pick what quests we run!
- GOAL MET $500 total donations – I will forego playing all the other games on my marathon list and make the entire 24 hours DDO only
- GOAL MET $550 total donations – I will get the devs to take two existing non-epic items, and Epic them! (Feather of Sun has already agreed mwuhahaha) Donors will get to decide what two items it is. So far the donor votes are for Voice of the Master + Mantle of the Worldshaper. Remember even if we meet this goal, you can still donate to join in the suggestions until the 20th!
- GOAL MET $600 total donations – I will convince some of the dev team to come play in our pick up groups for a little while throughout the marathon (guest devs so far include: Melange from the quest team)
- GOAL MET $650 total donations – Another member of the dev team must cosplay Drow with me!
- GOAL MET $700 total donations – All of my donors can receive a special DDO forum title of “Hero”. If you want in on this forum title, a donation of any amount before Oct 20th gets you one!
- GOAL MET $750 total donations – All of my donors will receive a code for a Winter Wolf pup. This cosmetic pet is not available in the DDO Store! Remember even if we meet this goal, you can still donate to get in on it until the 20th!
- GOAL MET $1000 total donations – Donors get to pick an item type that will be made for the Epic Gianthold items! Khopesh? Runearm? Belt? Donors will decide the fate of one of our new U17 items!
- GOAL MET $1500 total donations – Donors get to pick another item type that will be made for Epic Gianthold items! Donors will decide the fate of another U17 item!
- NEW $2500 total donations – Anyone who’s donated at least $5 will be entered into a drawing for a DDO Lifetime VIP account! Remember to leave either a forum name or character/server name so we can put your name in the Mimic!
As you can see, she had quite a few goal levels, and they’ve all been met. In fact, she is over $3000 according to the tracking graphic on the main Be A Hero webpage. Impressive. And it says something good about the DDO community as well.
But wait, there’s more!
Double read the bullets. Especially the second and third from the bottom. Whether it is unintentional or not, Tolero has outed Update 17: it will be Epic Gianthold.
I have big hopes for some of the epic items that ought to come out of there. Epic Dreamsplitter. Epic Belt of Seven Ideals. Epic Madstone Boots. Epic Dragonscale Armors.
The potential is huge. Huge! Plus it will give me all kinds of new reasons to run Gianthold Tor, my very favorite quest in the whole game.
The dragon fights will be epic! Literally as well as figuratively!
I can’t wait.