Knowing everything you know about this inn, would you still sleep there?
So now we know everything there is to know about Update 24. Pretty much. Thanks to Turbine developer Knockback’s forum post yesterday, the veil is lifted, and that which could not be known is now known.
Update 24 will contain:
- A revamp of the way that Healing Amplification works
- Updates to the three barbarian enhancement trees which primarily include the reworked healing amp and varying forms of self-healing
- Three new P2P Xoriat-themed quests in a pack called the “Heart of Madness”, featuring the Lord of Eyes, the Lord of Stone, and Yaulthoon the bodysculptor, one of which is a new chapter in the Delirium quests and takes place in the Sleeping Spell Inn
- One new F2P Forgotten Realms quest that ties in with Wizards of the Coasts’ 2014 Tyranny of Dragons storyline
- There may be weapon glamering, but maybe not
- And the annual re-shuffling of what the various Festivult cookies do
And just as importantly as the above, the update will be on Lamannia this weekend, meaning they remain on-target for a release in late November or early December.
So four quests, one of which is a revamp of existing quests but three of which appear to be all new? Plus some systems revamp, and all to be delivered on time as promised.
And for those of you who want to look even further ahead, Knockback let out a gigantic hint at what will be in Update 25: the Temple of Elemental Evil. Sure, it’s been done up in a video game already, and it’s not as cool as White Plume Mountain would have been. But still. The Temple of Elemental Evil. In DDO.
The Temple of Elemental Evil.