How do you celebrate DDO’s 10-year anniversary?
- You could release a special challenge dungeon that apparently features the Turbine development team as monsters?
- You could give everyone their choice of some of the most sought after loot throughout the game’s history? *
- You could turn on some/most/all of the seasonal festivals?
- You could have a day where Turbine devs appear on various servers in person, so to speak, summoning monsters and causing mayhem
- You could turn on some/most/all of the weekend bonuses?
- You could release the Gnome update?
How about doing all of that? All of it? At the same time?
* Note that the loot was sought after in history, not so much today, but still. If you always wanted a Chattering Ring but could never get one to drop, here’s your chance.
It’s going to be a wild and crazy weekend.
But don’t take my word for it.
Just to make sure we get this bit of info on the forums: We’re currently hoping to get Update 30 released on February 29th. As always, things could change, but that’s the target.
On the All-At-Once Bonus and Every-Festival Weekend
DDO Bonus Days celebrate 10 Years of DDO! Starting on Thursday and running:
Through February 28th:
- +30% Guild Renown
- +5% XP per Party Member
- Double Mysterious Remnants
- +1 Loot
In addition, through Thursday, March 3rd:
- Champion Hunter Week
- Risia Ice Games
- Midwinter Festival
- Crystal Cove
- +20% Challenge Rewards
- +10% Heroic and Epic XP
On the Grand Dev Tour of the Servers
I’ll be hosting a livestream on Twitch from 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM Eastern on Friday, February 26th in celebration of 10 years of DDO! Me and DDO team members past and present will be chatting about the game, doing trivia, going in-game for giveaways, contents, and possible (probable) madness, and more! You can watch it all here: http://www.twitch.tv/ddostream
FYI: If you see a rez shrine in a public area, well….
On a Selection of Historic Raid Loot
In regard to the 10th anniversary item giveaway, the intention was not to outfit every character in the game with a current-best-as-of-2016 piece of end game raid loot. The intention is to look back at named loot over the history of DDO, featuring some of the most-sought-after items over the course of the game’s history. The items needed to be Bound to Character for obvious reasons, and we didn’t want to provide augments.
(Link, includes the latest list of available items, subject to last-minute Turbine tinkering of course)
On the new Challenge dungeon
No quote for this, it is apparently based on the existing quest Partycrashers, and features monsters and loot named after Turbine developers. I’ve avoided learning much about this for spoiler-based reasons, but if you are curious, here is DDO Player’s preview.
That is a lot to do! I’m going to need a 72-hour day on Friday. And maybe another on Monday when Gnomes and the challenge dungeon are released.
Happy Anniversary DDO!
🙂 😀 🙂