Chelena Armstrong is the World’s Strongest Halfling and a most fierce warrier. Very fierce.
But she is also a purveyor of the finer of life’s two-handed hammers, a sledge aficionado, a connoisseur of the bludgeon, or in DDO terms, a Kensai III Maul specialist.
Her relationship with the maul has gone through phases. Once she had a multitude of them, like a golfer with a full bag of clubs, able to select the one that was most suitable for each opponent.
Later in her life, tiring of the constant weapon switching, she underwent maul consolidation, dedicating herself to the ever-applicable DR-penetrating multipurpose swingery of the Mineral II Greensteel maul.
Now though as she climbs the Epic Destiny tree, her tastes have matured and she now believes – again – that no single maul can serve all purposes.
She still carries her beloved Min II for those opponents with unusual defenses, but has once again begun accumulating other mauls for more specific situations.
- Drow Maul of the Weapon Master for general use, her primary maul
- Epic Ratkiller for opponents within the animal kingdom
- A Cannith-crafted Devotion of Greater Healing Lore maul supports her dragonmarks
Oh, there are others too. A disruptor. A banisher. A smiter.
But she wants more! MOAR!
- Epic Fury of the Flame for opponents with fire or light vulnerabilities
- Tier III Alchemical Earth Maul in case anything is vulnerable to acid
- Loot-gen Oceanic (or Riptide) of Freezing Gale (or The Icy Depths) for things that hate cold
- Tier III Mournlode Maul for undead
- Epic Hammer of Life because it adds three more Heal spells, and at this point what is one more difficult-to-acquire maul?
She has already acquired everything except the shards needed to create the two epics. She has a Tier I Alchemical maul. She once created the Mournlode maul except at the last minute she accidentally made a warhammer instead.
Out of all of these, the loot-generator cold hammer may end being the hardest to get.
I have no idea which will be the best DPS. Some hammers are much better than others, even better than those that are targeted against specific targets. It’s hard to calculate on the fly. But it doesn’t matter, she has decided that she must have them all.
It often takes awhile, but usually my characters get the things they really want. And she really wants them. All of them.
Back to the hammery grind for me. I’ve got mauls to build!
🙂 😀 🙂