Pretty box. Pretty!
(Click to enlarge)
You may have noticed that this article, and the last couple of articles preceding it, are all about Update 20. That’s because Turbine has released what they call a “early development” version to Lamannia, and I’ve spent a couple of hours there scoping it out.
There are three big changes:
- Reincarnation is getting a makeover
- A new wizard enhancement tree, “Eldritch Knight” will enable those who have long dreamed of making melee casters
- Experience points for most quests are getting a shave and a haircut – something we haven’t talked about yet in detail
Big changes, no doubt, and are attracting most of the attention. But I couldn’t help noticing one little item in the release notes:
As an apology for the issues with Raid 20th completion reward lists, a Raider’s Reward Box should appear in your inventory if you meet one of the two prerequisites:
- You have completed a Raid on your current life. (This does not include Chronoscope or Tempest Spire.)
- You have performed a TR since U19.
Apparently all of the characters I copied over to Lamannia fit the bill, as they all had a special box in their inventory. But then, wouldn’t most long-time characters qualify? I would imagine the vast majority of longer-term DDO characters have run a raid, and those that have not, are most likely recent TR’s.
But I digress. The real question is whats in the box??
- 5 Heroic Commendations
Yes, your pick of every raid weapon that drops in Caught in the Web. Or five Heroic Commendations for those of you accumulating HCs to make armor or upgrade your new weapon.
Pretty sweet reward.