My TR character Mawry will hit 14th level shortly after I log in today. Or really, 34th level.
I am still wishing I’d done up my normal* leveling plan for Mawry. It makes me very tentative at leveling time. For instance, I am really torn about staying pure Favored Soul or adding a Ranger level (or two?).
(*) For “normal” read “borderline obsessive”
This question – to splash Ranger or not – has been bugging me for the last couple of weeks.
- At low level she did more damage with weapons than spells. Now she has a decent mana pool and 6th level spells; she has emerged as a pretty good Divine blaster.
- But her melee has suffered; in Gianthold, monsters had more AC and a LOT more hit points.
- Yet, she keeps ending up in groups where she is the main meleer (which when you think about it is really kind of weird)
- If she had two levels of Ranger, she’d be a much better meleer but also much better at ranged
- But any splash will delay getting her wings! I’m really looking forward to the wings
I was explaining this internal debate to a guildmate last night. Typing out the argument helped me realize something: I am not trying to build a good FvS. I’m trying to complete this life so I can reincarnate again.
I laid out Mawry’s basic principles* long before there was a way to reincarnate: able to melee, able to range, able to buff and support. Most importantly, she is good at all of that.
(*) Read What Makes a Commando?
And that answers that. Level 34 will be a ranger level.