Some nice items: sellable/usable bracers, and the stunning scimitar has a red slot.
But nothing as nice as an Impressive Trophy
Recently, I was looking at an end reward list when my Gamer Girl happened to be watching me. I chose an item, I don’t recall exactly what.
“Why didn’t you take the renown?” Asked my Gamer Girl, “You’re just going to sell that.” And I was.
This launched a conversation where it was pointed out to me that I, as the guild leader, have more of a responsibility than anyone to take renown. And so I do. Yet it is not always that simple.
As a result of that conversation, I’ve made a list. An end reward triage algorithm. I don’t know if it is in final form, I’m probably not thinking of everything that could be in an end reward. I don’t check the list while I am playing, it has never been something formal, rather always in my head, vaguely helping me order things that need ordering. Until now:
- Tomes *
- Anything that is good enough to trade for a top-shelf item
- Renown: Legendary Victory
- Any character-favorite weapons good enough to equip on one of my characters at end game or stash while the character levels
- Renown: Impressive Trophy
- Major Mnemonic
- Any non-weapon items good enough to stash in a bank while one of my characters levels
- Anything I can sell on the Shard Exchange (for any number of shards)
- Anything I can sell on the Auction House (for significant plat)
- Items with colored slots for crafting blank material
- Renown: Tales of Valor
- Anything that will deconstruct at level 6 or better
- Anything I can sell on the Auction House (for any amount of plat)
- Renown: Heroic Deeds
* I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a tome in an end reward list, I think not, but if I did, it would go here.
I don’t put much effort into Heroic Deeds. I can see the argument that I always ought to take Renown over plat, since plat is easier to acquire than renown. But I just can’t get excited about 50 points. I just can’t.
What do you do when you are facing an end reward list?
🙂 😀 🙂