This is Brymn Haversack. Brymn is the leader of the Halfling Commandos. He is also, in this life at least, a Mandatory Healer.
That means a couple of things:
- He wants to tank
- He emits healing – it flows from him. Everyone near the battle will be healed whether they like it or not
Brymn tanks via a pretty good Intimidate, and holds agro by re-Intmidation. He supplements this with the occasional area-of-effect attack spell, generally Cometfall due to it’s near-instantaneous casting time and chance of causing knockdowns.
But all is not well in Brymn-land. Brymn has a problem. Or rather, 14 problems. And they are all equipment.
His gear sucks.
“How did this come to pass?” You may ask incredulously, “aren’t you the guy that meticulously plots out every detail of the character loadout?”
Well, no. I was that guy, but that was the unemployed version of me, the one that had nothing better to do but spend hours pouring through every item available for every slot to cherry pick the very best. I am no longer that guy. Now I am the guy that has to ask for help rather than figuring out every single thing on his own.
So … help!
What gear best suits an end game Tank/Healer in today’s game?
Here is what Brymn is wearing now. A mish-mash of things acquired in past lives without a specific plan in mind, with several duplicated and/or useless attributes:
A mishmash of randomly acquired items possessing zero synergy
- Head: Epic Halcyonia, for the devotion, healing lore, and 10% spell cost savings
- Neck: lootgen CHA +10, Intimidate +19
- Trinket: Guidance of Shar, for the blurry
- Cloak: greensteel 45 hit points
- Belt: Epic Belt of Thoughtful Remembrance, for CON +11, deathblock, concentration +20, and dodge (except max Dodge is 2)
- Ring 1: lootgen healing lore 16 (duplicated) and 37 more hit points
- Gloves: lootgen doublestrike +10 shield bash +13 (both useless, Brymn has like 50 DPS)
- Boots: Orcish Privateer Boots for speed and freedom of movement
- Ring 2: Epic Eye of the Beholder for wizardry and dealthblock (again)
- Bracers: lootgen deathblock (yet again) and +11 insightful PRR
- Armor: Tier 2 Shadowdragon Plate of the Guardian for the DR ghostly and +130 fortification. Also, deathblock!
- Goggles: Epic Glimpse of the Soul for +11 wisdom
- Weapon: Tier 2 thunder-forged longsword for positive spell power and Evocation DC
- Shield: Purple Dragon Shield for +10 CON and +10 CHA (duplicate)
Some of the items, like the shield, would be nice on another character, but do little for Brymn. Some of the items are there just because something has to go in that slot. Only one of the items – Halcyonia – strikes me as actual end-game gear for a tankly healer.
Please feel encouraged to throw out suggestions. If the tank/healer thing is too confusing, then just tell me what a modern tank is wearing. I’ll figure out how to layer in the healing capabilities on my own.
🙂 😀 🙂