The last load from the last trip is unpacked; Hampton Roads is permanently in my rear view mirror. I am free to focus on returning my NC country house back into the home it ought to be.
Things I will miss from my five-year part-time stay in the Old Dominion:
- Ability to see my daughter any time
- My friends Daniel and Ed
- Most of the other people I worked with over the last five years. Not all, but most 🙂
- View of the river outside of the apartment window
- Ann at Sports Clips – the only person in my adult life who could make my hair look great every time
- The Chinese massage store in the Macarthur Center
- The Emerson cigar store at Greenfield
- Cheap gas
And nothing else, nothing at all. Bye Virginia. It’s been real.
No offense meant to anyone who loves VA. I’m sure in many ways it is a fine place. It just turned out to not be my personal cup of tea.
🙂 😀 🙂