Hello, and welcome to Adiurd’s Nonsense first post in DDOGamer after the announcement of MyDDO’s demise (incidentally DDO is down today, maybe it’s really MyDDO’s end…)
First of all I would like to thank Geoff for allowing me to post my DDO nonsense on his blog (thank the Dark Six he did not set any quality benchmark as a requirement for posting here or I would have been toast).
So let’s get down to DDO stuff. This past weekend I almost had a DDO-panic attack. So let me show you how I went from A Small Problem to the Depths of Despair, passed through the Path of Inspiration and reached Home Sweet Sewer:
- I wanted to go into Lammania to see the new enhancement pass.
- Had an old Lammania client that would refuse to update
- Uninstalled this old client
- Tried to download Lammania and Pando Media Booster failed on me
- Went to play on a regular server and found out I had broken it while uninstalling Lammania
- Wasted 4 hours trying to download the normal client because Pando Media Booster failed on me (you suck PMB)
- Tried a System Restore, but also did not work
- Cried myself to sleep Friday night
- In a moment of inspiration I remembered that my wife, who had not played in a couple of months, had DDO on her laptop
- Copied the files from her laptop to mine
- And finally reached home
Apparently I wasn’t the only one having problems with downloading the client (I checked the forums). But all’s well that ends well, eh?
Thanks for reading and have a good weekend
PS: Geoff, if I’ve done something wrong layout-wise with this post, let me know please.