Giant, Two-Handed, Unique. But never Exotic.
I have two weird habits. No that’s not right, I have dozens of weird habits, maybe hundreds, but two that I am choosing to talk about right now.
- I mentally associate each of my characters with a weapon and from then on, only give them that weapon
- I hate doing what everyone else is doing
Because of habit one, I have a long list of characters that are, for the most part, each carrying weapons that are unique to them. It makes it easy to distribute loot: if I get a longsword, it is for Brymn. If I get a scimitar, it is for Cutlass. Etc.
- Beatifica, Angelic Favored Soul: Falchion
- Brymn, Incompetent Cleric: Longsword
- Chelena, Strategy Fighter: Maul
- Coin, Hagglebot Sorceror: Shortswords
- Cutlass, Tanking Paladin/Fighter: Scimitars
- Diabolica, Evil Favored Soul: Quarterstaff
- Ejecta, Enchanter Archmage: Daggers
- Evangelyne, Trapsmith Rogue: Rapiers
- Exterminate, DPS Fighter/Paladin: Greatsword
- Knicker, Frenzied Barbarian: Dwarven Axes
- Mawry, Completionist: Rapiers
- Oriental, Monk/Wizard: Handwraps
- Rancyd, Bard: Heavy Repeater
- Sparksy, Casting-Focused Artificer: Rune Arm and Heavy Repeater
Only a couple of repetitions in the entire list. Of course, this is my Sarlona list, but even on other servers I tend to construct and associate characters the same way:
- Child of Murder, Khyber Assassin: Rapiers
- Pantera, Cannith Arcane Archer: Longbows
- Roland, Cannith Fighter: Warhammers
Because of habit two, none of them “specialize” in khopeshes or greataxes. I meant to create a khopesh character and a great axe character but I just never got around to it. I don’t want characters with too much overlap between their styles regardless of weapons: I don’t need another two-handed-fighting character just so I can give it a great axe. I’d need some other compelling reason to create a new and different THF character first; the great axe assignment would come second.
This probably costs me some DPS. But it saves me some plat at the auction house since these weapons are in the highest demand, and saves a feat on my two-weapon-fighting builds as well since no one is using anything that requires Exotic Weapons.
Except poor Rancyd the Bard. Plinking away with the only exotic weapon feat-requiring assignment in the group. There has to be an outlier, right?
🙂 😀 🙂