Doublestriker: Elf KotC14/Shintao6 TWF
Level 20 Lawful Good Elf Female
The goal of this build is to maximize double strike and remain reasonably effective. All of the Smite Evils are just a happy bonus.
I thought about an acrobat12/monk8 but passed because of the quarterstaff. Instead, I propose an Elven follower of the Sovereign Host with Whirling Steel Strike. I am not sure about the longswords. Obviously better weapons exist, but I was thinking that elven enhancements + sovereign host proficiency = a nice boost.
The extra build points in a two-time-TR would be really very helpful. But I am going to keep this semi-accessible and assume first life, 32 points, access to +1 tomes, and reasonably easy-to-acquire kit.
(32 Point) Level 1 Level 20 GearedStrength 14 20 26 Dexterity 16 18 24 Constitution 13 14 20 Intelligence 9 10 10 Wisdom 13 16 22 Charisma 14 18 24
Tomes Used+1 Tome of Strength used at level 1 +1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 1 +1 Tome of Constitution used at level 1 +1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 1 +1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 1 +1 Tome of Charisma used at level 1
- All of the level-ups applied to STR
- There are enough spell points to keep Zeal on all the time (254)
- BAB is 18: loss of two to the monk classes
- There are enough skill points to max out two: I intend Concentration and JumpHP AC 140 pal14 10 base 48 monk8 3 centered 20 heroic vitality 7 dex 10 dracon vitality 6 wis 100 con 1 wind stance 22 toughness 1 two weapon defense 20 racial tough 2 defensive fighting 30 paladin tough 5 protection 30 gfl 6 bracers or robe 45 greensteel 4 greensteel insight 20 minos legens 1 ritual 2 aura -------------------------------------- 485 unbuffed 48 unbuffed BAC
That seems like sufficient HP, especially since the build will have LoH.
AC includes no spells or grind items. Grinding can make this a viable amount of AC if desired. The basics are in place.
- At high levels, she will be at 15% double strike for most if not all fights
- 80% offhand proc chance is (IMHO!) definitely worth the feats and dex
- She is not going to have the same ToHit as a barbarian or pure fighter, but is close, and can toggle Precision if/when needed.
- Longsword damage is relatively woeful, but we are cranking it for all we can in this build. It beats the **** out of kama.
- Smites aplenty: Six regenerating Pal smites @+14 tohit, +46 damage plus (theoretically unlimited) Shintao smites @+12 to hit, +22 damage
- Against evil outsiders, saves are +3 and melee is +2/+2d6!
- There are only two named long swords. Enduring Conviction would completely rock for this build but is rather hard to get. Scirocco … meh.
SavesF R W9 4 4 paladin 14 5 5 5 monk 6 7 7 7 cha (divine grace) 5 5 5 resist item 5 7 6 stats -------- 31 28 27 unbuffed saves
Quite good. IMHO anyway.
FeatsLevel 1 Whirling Steel Strike Level 1 Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons Level 2 Stunning Fist (m) Level 3 Oversized Two Weapon Fighting Level 3 Two Weapon Fighting (m) Level 4 Path of Harmonious Balance: Fists of Light (m) Level 6 Two Weapon Defense Level 7 Precision (m) Level 9 Improved Two Weapon Fighting Level 12 Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons Level 15 Greater Two Weapon Fighting Level 18 Toughness
Precision can be used when necessary to mitigate the fact that monk is not full BAB and strength is not overwhelming. Plus I need one from a list to get Shintao and that is the most useful of the available choices.
Two weapon defense could instead be Dodge. Exact same impact on the build. Or if AC does not need that one point enhancement, consider Extend to improve Zeal usage.
EnhancementsAerenal Elf Melee Attack II Aerenal Elf Melee Damage II Elven Dexterity I Racial Toughness IIFollower of the Sovereign Host Unyielding SovereigntyAdept of Wind Monk Concentration II Monk Improved Recovery I Monk Wisdom II Way of the Patient Tortoise II Monk Shintao Monk IPaladin Bulwark of Good I Paladin Charisma III Paladin Courage of Good II Paladin Divine Might I Paladin Divine Sacrifice I Paladin Energy of the Templar II Paladin Extra Lay on Hands I Paladin Extra Smite Evil II Paladin Toughness III Paladin Knight of the Chalice
I am expressing a lot of opinions in this, but the only thing know for certain is that I have made at least two mistakes. I always do.
p.s. I can see an unarmed version of this build that would be fun too. Or a halfling version that swaps elven longsword bonuses for AC, luck, and sneaky backstabbery. Or a Dwarf version that drops being centered in favor of Dwarven Axes. Or WF with khopesh … lots of tweaks are possible.
This build created using Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 3.34 DDO Character Planner Home Page Thanks to Ron and the Planner team!