After further review, Geoff remains an idiot
It seems that I unintentionally left 13 valid entries out of last week’s drawing for the last copy of the Stormreach Campaign.
except intentions were good
so … incompetence?
The worst case was astute reader Duvok, who did not get his haiku in the rotating haiku gif because he put it in the comments rather than submitting it via the haiku entry form, and then didn’t have his comment counted either because of my incompetence. A double whammy.
So yes, intentions are good, but intentions count only so much; responsibility requires action. Normally I espouse irresponsibility: less care = less stress = more happy. But this is different.
- I am posting the complete list of contest entries here
- Please review the list and see if you are represented correctly
- If you are not, please let me know, either in the comments here, or via the comments form on the FAQ page
- On Friday, I will hold another drawing consisting of those who were skipped the first time
- It won’t be as big a deal, there won’t be a video. I am only good for about one video every six months
- The winner of this redemption drawing will get a code for 1,550 Turbine Points
Nowhere near as cool as the Stormreach Campaign, but the copy awarded Friday really was the last copy. This will have to do. And besides, 1,550 Turbine Points is not horrible, right? Way better than a sharp pointy thing in the rump, yes?
Also, I’ve re-worked the haiku gif to include Duvok.
Here are the 13 people that I know entered a comment but did not get a comment entry. Once again, please feel encouraged to double-check the contest entry list here and make sure these 13 are all there are.
- Dan Kimber
Just to be clear, only comment entries were effected; haiku entries (including a number of haiku entries belonging to these 13 people) went directly to my email inbox and to the best of my ability to tell, all were counted.
So it will be a make-good contest, of a sorts.
Contest mea culpa
Re-randomize and re-draw
On Friday we’ll see who wins. Again.