|I’d like a nice fate, something in teal,
classic lines, maybe with a ruffle?
The update was updated, the servers were back to serving, and my client was current: I was good to go.
New Expansion Pack Day!
I logged in with some expectations. I knew there was an issue with guild ships, okay, I bought all the ship buffs again. I am out some plat but not that much. No big deal.
I knew the new raid had already been closed too. Weird, but I guess the launch date couldn’t be moved even for an incomplete raid.
I would be disappointed by this if I was in one of those guilds that race for the first-ever raid completion, but I am not: it would have been days before I was flagged for the new raid in any case. Having it missing remains weird but does not personally effect me. No big deal.
And then came the new Epic Destinies. One at a time, I ran my (formerly) capped characters down to the Fatespinner, eager to see what new powers and capabilities await:
- For my monk/wizard, a clickie that refills her Ki bar every five minutes. Meh. Oriental never has Ki problems
- For my barbarian, yet another way to rage, sort of, for one hit. Kind of meh. At least it stacks with existing rage and frenzy
- For my caster, 50 spell points plus an extra caster level on all spells. Hey, not bad!
- For my hagglebot/sorceror, the same as the caster, and still, not bad!
- For my cleric: 100 hit points and 10% healing amp. Nice!
100 hit points: now that is a big deal!
Makes me want to turn my cleric into an intimi-cleric. Stand in, shield up, take the pounding, throw the heals. Fun!
So far, the new expansion pack is my favorite DDO expansion pack ever!
🙂 😀 🙂